If you’re someone who wants to improve and build lean muscle mass in a short period, you might tend to look for options to make it possible— especially if you’re participating in a competition. Steroids are probably the ones you’re looking for.
What Are Steroids?
Steroids are the synthetic version of a hormone called testosterone. Testosterone is a male sex hormone that plays an essential role in the body. In men, it helps regulate libido, bone mass, muscle mass, and even the production of red blood cells and sperm. In women, combined with estrogen (the female sex hormone), these hormones are produced in small amounts and are known to help promote the growth and repair of a woman’s reproductive tissues.
Steroids are often correlated to bodybuilders and athletes. This type of steroid is called anabolic steroid or is often referred to as “illegal steroids.” Athletes and bodybuilders use this type of steroid to improve their athletic performance. Anabolic steroids are known to stimulate muscles to grow and bulk up. These may be taken orally, through injection into the muscles, or maybe topically. These doses are probably ten times higher than the usual dosage used to treat medical conditions.
Another type of steroid is designed to decrease inflammation and ease symptoms of swelling, stiffness, and pain. These are known as corticosteroids. In chronic medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, the immune system is constantly activated to produce inflammation in the joints. The joints will have permanent damage if this is left untreated. Corticosteroids are known to reduce this immune reaction.
What Are Legal Steroids?
Legal steroids are an umbrella term used to refer to multi-ingredient pre-workout supplements or MIPS that mimic the effect of anabolic steroids. They may help increase muscle mass and enhance your athletic performance and overall fitness. They can be used as alternatives for bulking, cutting, and body recomposition. These supplements have much potential, but they still lack evidence regarding their long-term effects. You can click here if you want to know more. Here are the following active ingredients:
- Protein: for muscle growth
- BCAAs or branched-chain amino acids: for boosting the production of protein
- Beta-alanine: for supporting muscles during intense exercise; a precursor to carnosine
- Caffeine: for stimulation or enhancement of athletic performance
Why Switch To Legal Steroids?
Anabolic steroids are illegal for a reason. Yes, they’re known to enhance muscle mass and athletic performance, but they require a prescription from a medical doctor. Why? Because it comes with many harmful side effects, including:
- Kidney and liver issues
- Increased blood pressure
- Aggression and irritability
- Delusions and mania
- Heart attack
- Breast growth and testicle shrinkage in men
- Decreased breast size and growth of facial hair in women
What Are The Examples Of These Legal Steroids?
These legal supplements are backed up with science but are still entirely safe. Here are some of the supplements that should be used in small doses.
- Creatine: this is the most well-known performance support alternative. It’s found in foods like fish and meat. It was also found that it promotes the growth of muscle fibers.
- Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP): this is the combination of creatine, betaine, and dendrobium extract. This supplement is relatively safe to use, but it doesn’t have the evidence to back up its claim to muscle-building.
- Dimelthylamylamine (DMAA): This supplement has been found in many weight loss supplements and you should altogether avoid it. Consuming this could lead to many complications like increased blood pressure, seizures, mental health conditions, etc.
What You Should Do Besides Taking Legal Steroids?
Have A Good Strength-Training Routine
Of course, your supplements can only do as much as your workout routine. The different muscle groups in your body require enough stimulation to reach their growth threshold. You could alternate the strength training of your chest, back, shoulders, arms, and legs per day. Observe if you have proper form, and improve your repetitions per set as you get comfortable with the exercise. Employ progressive overload to see results.
Eat A Protein-Rich Diet
Fill your diet with foods that can help you build lean muscle. Focus on hitting your required macros: carbohydrates, protein, and fat, daily. Your diet should include foods like:
- Protein: lean meats, eggs, fish, Greek yogurt, chickpeas, lentils, tofu
- Carbohydrates: vegetables and fruits
- Fats: omega-3 and omega-6
Hire A Personal Trainer
If you feel overwhelmed by the information mentioned above or if you don’t see results despite your efforts, you can hire a personal trainer to guide you. You should consider their credentials and your budget before choosing one. They may help you achieve your expectations, especially when you feel like giving up.
Track Your Progress Using Fitness App
Planning and recording your workout routine and setting your fitness goals will help you stay on track. Having detailed records of your progress will help you see the bigger picture of how far you have come.
Legal steroids usually contain many ingredients to enhance someone’s fitness and muscle strength. These may be effective, especially when combined with a proper workout routine. Compared to anabolic steroids, these blended supplements appear safer and have a lower risk of getting side effects.
These supplementary medications can only go as far as your workout regimen and eating habits. You can attain your fitness goals efficiently if you track your progress and with the help of a certified personal trainer. Also, be mindful of the ingredients in these supplements because they might cause more harm.