With the advancement in internet technology, brands are leveraging online platforms to impact their present and prospective customers. These days brands are putting strenuous efforts to determine the constant changes in customer needs, design products accordingly, and find the right marketplace for the target customers. The advent of continuous technological changes has led to digital reforms and created a niche for a new marketplace on the internet. As a result, customers can now explore, review and have a virtual feel of everything they see on the digital media.
All this has led to the digital revolution and emphasized the importance of digital marketing. Digitalization plays a pivotal role in boosting the overall economy of a country. In the current markets, the Digital market is one of the most prominent and well-established platforms. Notably, digital marketing accounts for almost 80% of all marketing techniques. Digitalization has enabled the brand to remain in constant touch with its target customers through blogs and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and YouTube. Presently, digitalization is everywhere, be it a small market or a big market. India, the second-largest populated country globally, has around 627 active internet users, with 273 active buyers and online buyers increasing by 20% every year. Keeping in mind all these facts, we can say that digitalization has become a decisive factor in the growth of every brand!
Roles and Responsibilities of a Digital Marketer
A digital marketer has a crucial role in strategizing digital marketing approaches that can influence and attract the target customers. From understanding the customer demands to designing websites and planning marketing campaigns, a digital marketer needs to take care of everything. The roles and responsibilities of a digital marketer involve:
- Be in constant touch with the content curators for planning the website content, look after the overall arrangement of content, and execute everything as per the plan.
- A digital marketer needs to ensure that the website is visible to its target customers by following the appropriate SEO techniques that are impactful.
- Furthermore, a digital marketer has to see if the website is attractive, relevant, and interactive enough to attract the target customers. And whether the individuals landing on the websites are converting into customers or not. Overall, a digital marketer is responsible for user engagement and successfully converting visitors into buyers.
- Lastly and most importantly, a digital marketer must gather rough information about the online platforms that are constantly visited by the potential buyers and develop the digital marketing campaigns accordingly that can pull the customers to the product website from the social media platforms.
Digital Marketing Salary in Bangalore
On average, a digital marketing specialist earns around ₹3,90,118 annually in Bangalore; however, with relevant experience, a digital marketing specialist’s salary is likely to increase to as high as ₹7,50,000. Here is a glimpse of the average salary of a digital marketing specialist in Bangalore based on the years of experience:
|Experience (in Years)||Average Salary (in INR)|
In addition to the years of experience, some skills determine the average pay of a digital marketer. The table below shows the average salary of digital marketers in Bangalore as per a particular skill they have:
|Skill||Average Salary (in INR)|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO)||₹4,11,800|
|Social Media Marketing||₹4,09,937|
|Search Engine Marketing (SEM)||₹4,20,692|
Scope of Digital Marketing
Digitization has taken over the marketplace and is playing a crucial role in empowering businesses. Undoubtedly, digital marketing has come up as the fastest mode of promotion and marketing, reaching a wider section of customers. Irrespective of its size, companies are investing hugely in digital marketing activities. One of the reports published by Indian Express says that 85% of the marketers are generating revenues through digital marketing and 50% of these marketers reported e-marketing to be accounting for 10% of the total revenues. Because of this ever-increasing demand for digital marketing in Bangalore, there has been a surge in demand for digital marketers too! This is evident from the following facts:
- It’s predicted that by 2023, internet users in India are likely to grow to $666 million, implying the maximum number of individuals shifting to the online platform and hence paving the way for a boost in digital marketing.
- One of the Goldman Sachs reports indicates that the career scope of digital marketing in the Indian internet industry will multiply by three times and will be worth $160 billion by the end of 2025.
Digital marketing jobs in Bangalore
Individuals thinking to build a career in digital marketing can look for the following job roles as per their experience and skills:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Content Writers
- Content Curators
- Inbound Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing Experts
- Search Engine Marketers
- SEO Executives
- Conversion Rate Optimizer
- Web Analyst
With so many employment opportunities available, a career in digital marketing can certainly be rewarding. Individuals with 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing are definitely in an excellent position to be hired by any company. However, freshers can have an equal opportunity to establish themselves in the digital industry.
So, putting everything on the table, companies essentially need to ramp up their digital marketing efforts to reach potential customers on a global level, collaborate with them, create brand awareness, promote and sell their products and earn high ROI.