Hydraulic cylinders are powered by a pressurized hydraulic fluid, most often oil. The hydraulic cylinder is made up of a cylinder barrel that swings back and forth with a piston attached to a piston rod. The cylinder bottom (also known as the cap) closes one end of the barrel, while the cylinder head (also known as the gland) closes the other end, where the piston rod exits the cylinder. The piston has gaskets and sliding rings. The piston creates two chambers within the cylinder: the bottom chamber (cap end) as well as also the piston rod side compartment (rod edge). Cylinder mounting options include flanges, trunnions, clevises, as well as lugs. Mounting connections on the piston rod link the cylinders to the target.
The following are the components of a hydraulic cylinder
- Barrels for cylinders: The cylinder body’s primary role is to keep cylinder pressure in check. The majority of the cylinder barrel is comprised of sharpened tubes. Suitable To Hone Steel Cold Drawn Straight Tubes (CDS tubes) or Drawn Over Mandrel (DOM) tubes are used to make honed tubes. Practiced tubing for hydraulic cylinders does not require any additional ID processing. The cylinder barrel’s surface polish ranges from 4 to 16 microinch. The two primary types of techniques for making cylinder tubes are sharpening as well as skiving as well as roller burnishing (SRB). The cylinder’s piston reconnects. Flawless interior surface, high accuracy tolerance, long service life, and other attributes distinguish the cylinder barrel.
- Base or cap for a cylinder: The cap’s primary function is to encapsulate the pressure chamber on one end. Welding, threaded, bolts, as well as tie rods are used to join the cap to the body. Caps can also be used to attach cylinders [cap flanges, cap trunnion, cap clevis]. The folding stress is used to calculate capsize. Between the cap and the barrel, a static seal/o-ring is utilized (except welded construction).
- The main purpose of the cylinder head is to surround the pressure chambers from the opposite end. The head has a built-in rod sealing system or the ability to take a seal gland. Threaded rod, bolts, sometimes tie rods are used to link the head to the body. An o-ring or static seal is employed.
The piston’s primary role is to segregate the pressure zones within the barrel. Grooves are cut into the piston to accommodate elastomeric either metal seals as well as bearing components. Single-acting or double-acting seals are available. The cylinder extends and retracts due to the pressure differential between both the 2 sides of the device. To convey linear motion, the piston is connected to the piston rod via threads, bolts, or nuts.
- Rod for the piston
The piston rod is a cold-rolled steel rod that connects to the piston and runs from the cylinders through rod-end head. The actuators in a double rod-end cylinder has a rod that extends from both sides of the device as well as out both sides of the barrel. The hydraulic actuator is connected to the working machine component by the piston rod. A machine thread or even a mounting attachment can be used to make this connection. To provide a good seal and avoid leakage, the piston is finely honed and cleaned.
- Seal gland
Seals are installed on the cylinder head to prevent pressurized oil from seeping past the rod-to-head contact. The seal gland is the name for this location. The benefit of a seal gland is that it is simple to remove and replace the seal. A main seal, a supplementary seal/buffer seal, bearing components, a wiper/scraper, as well as a static seal are all found in the seal gland. The rod gland plus bearing parts are sometimes manufactured from a single integrated machined part, particularly in tiny hydraulic cylinders.
Where to get the best Hydraulic Cylinders in China?
Here are some of the best hydraulic cylinder manufacturer that you must know:
- RIVERLAKE is a combination of our founder’s parents’ hometown names: Sichuan Province (River) as well as Hubei Province (Lake) (Lake). Taizhou Chuanhu Hydraulic Machinery Co, Ltd. was founded by Tang Lianhua in 2005 as a maker of high-pressure hydraulic tools in China. Hydraulic lifting cylinders, bearing pullers, hydraulic pumps and or power packs, flanges spreader equipment, hydraulic nut breakers, hydraulic workshop press, hydraulic torque wrench, bolt tensioner tool, bolt tensioner pump, hydraulic torque wrench power module, and more are among our major goods. Their products have been shipped to various nations and locations, including the United States, South Asia, and Africa, due to their high quality and professional service. They now manufacture in Yuhuan Longxi Industrial District, Zhejiang province, at their facilities with a total surface area of 5.000 m2 and 50 people.
- Discover a diverse choice of high-quality HEB hydraulic cylinders for efficient and safe production in a variety of sectors, including tool and mould manufacture and mechanical engineering. Low maintenance, dependable, exact installation, and convincing in regular usage. Cylinders, round cylinders, including screw-in cylinders of various diameters are available in our product line. They can also provide you with locking cylinders and twin-tube cylinders if necessary.
Use their years of experience developing, designing, and producing bespoke hydraulic cylinders to your benefit. Based on your individual needs, the HEB Competency Team will supply you with specialist technology and experience.